Tips for Remote Campus HiringThursday , July 26, 2018
Hiring freshers and going for campus recruitments have proved to be very advantageous for large corporates. So much so, that even smaller companies have started following their footsteps and are vying with each other to capture the crème of talents at top colleges and universities. The freshers are indeed adaptable, energetic, ambitious and committed individuals packed with new ideas and excitement for new experiences. They have the right attitude and are ready to work hard to fulfill their dreams.
All said and done, campus recruitments often prove to be a tough job for recruiters. It’s time to rethink hiring strategies and move to new recruitment tools like online assessments for effectiveness, convenience and ease. Remote campus hiring is one such strategy that gives you the power to recruit from the comfort of your cabin. It cuts down on the travelling costs and time for both the candidates and the hiring managers. It’s cost effective, quick and also ensures that you get to select bright students from even offbeat campuses or international campuses. Here are a few tips for remote campus hiring:
- Plan ahead. Last minute attempts never click.
- The first impression matters. Make sure that you make it impressive. Using the latest technology always leaves a positive impression.
- Work on your brand image and make your presence felt in the campuses.
- Use the social media for better visibility and effect.
- Filter candidates with the help of online assessments.
- Showcase your work culture, training and facilities your company provides to its employees.
- Organize online contests, projects, etc. to identify the talent pool beforehand.
- Finally, keep your eyes on the horizon; think and advocate long term relationships.