Must Have Tools for a Smart ClassroomFriday, Dec 07, 2018
CChildren are becoming more and more obsessed with technology and gadgets these days. It’s time to cash in on their interest and replace the traditional methods of education with more interactive methods influenced by technology. Here are some gadgets that every classroom should have to keep students engaged in the learning process.
- Desktop or Laptop : A system connected to the central server for storing or retrieving data and operating other tech tools. A secure internet connection can open up a world of possibilities for the classroom.
- Projector : Turn any wall, screen or whiteboard into an interactive surface with the help of a projector.
- Digital Camera : Capture lectures, activities and discussions to be shared with absentees or viewed later by students for reviewing, revision purposes or improvement.
- Printer : Allows you to print colourful assignments, worksheets, reports, certificates or documents.
- Wireless Microphone : Particularly good for large classrooms or auditoriums, these microphones allow hands-free usage for better explaining or showing things.
- Speakers : Make sure that your voice reaches each and every student, and that they do not miss out on important points. Also, important information or instructions can be relayed from a central point to the whole school at one go with the help of speakers.
- Student Response System : Pose questions and gather students' responses during a lecture for instant feedback or assessment.
- Graphic Tablets : Enables students to read, revise, explore or watch educational videos. They can also participate in quizzes or play educational games for a fun-filled lesson.
- Podcasts : Break the monotony and animate the classroom with the help of educational audio files.
- Video Conferencing Facility : Get global experts to share experiences or lecture your students without worrying about the travel costs.
- Multimedia Pen / Stylus : Unleash the creativity of your students with the help of a stylus.
- OMR Scanner : This is especially useful for conducting examinations or filling forms where a large number of students are involved. OMR sheets can be scanned for quick checking and scoring of papers.